To connect ATAS to Interactive brokers you need to make some changes in TWS settings.
NOTE: demo account from Interactive Brokers doesn't receive online data for stocks.
IMPORTANT: this connection only works for the western market. That is, you will not be able to receive quotes for Russian instruments through Interactive Brokers.
To do it follow the next steps:
1. In the main menu choose "File -> Global configurations" and in opened window choose
«Configuration -> API -> Settings».
2. Allow «Enable ActiveX and Socket Clients».
3. Allow “Download open orders on connection”.
4. Check and remember port number. If this port is already used on
your computer please enter another port number (any number from the local port
range (fields below))
5. Close and save the settings by clicking "OK".
1. Go to the main window menu - Settings, then the submenu Connection to DataFeed.
2. Click mouse button on the lamp connections in the main window platform.
In the opened window choose "Add" and in the next window choose Interactive Brokers and press "Next".
Here we are in settings window for IB
1. In the field of line "Host" type IP address and port number of computer where TWS is installed. If TWS is running on the same computer where ATAS is, IP should be 127.0.0.1. Port - the value from the 'Socket port' in the TWS settings.
2. Client ID - is the unique number over zero for connected program (TWS can have several connections and if you use only ATAS to connect - leave 1 or change to any other number).
3. Press "Next".
Now you see new line in the list of connection sources:
By pressing "Connect" you will make the connection.
1. Type - the source.
2. State - connection status. For new connection status set as default "Disconnected", so please press "Connect".
3. Quotes Source - option field to choose quotes provider.
4. Connect on startup - allow you to skip manual connection.
5. Connection settings.
6. Removeconnection from the list.
7. Disconnect the source.
8. Add new connection.
9. Save settings and exit.
Customer support service by UserEcho