This instrument is used to visualize the volumes during each spread value.
To open this module, use the Bid/Ask Tape quick access button.
The Instruments manager window will open:
In the following window, choose the instrument from the All Instruments tab, or from the Favorites tab.
*Adding instruments to the Favorites tab is described in detail here:
After that, the Bid/Ask Tape window will open.
1. Time corresponding to the given spread.
2. Bid – price, where the Bid was.
3. Ask – price, where the Ask was.
4. Delta – cumulative delta for all the data in the counter.
5. Bid Trades Size – volume of the trades on the Bid side (i.e., market sales).
6. Between Trades Size – volume of the trades within the spread (between the Bid and the Ask).
7. Ask Trades Size – volume of the trades on the Ask side (i.e., market purchases).
8. Freeze button – allows to “freeze” (stop) the tape (the same button “unfreezes” the tape).
9. Color settings.
10. Tape display on top of the other windows.
11. Change Instrument.
*Functions 9 and 10 can also be used from the context menu.
To launch the context menu, right click on the tape.
Context menu description:
- Save to file - export data to .CSV file.
- Settings - color settings.
- Clone window.
- Reset - reset the tape.
Between color - the color of trades inside the spread.
An example of how the Bid/Ask Tape works:
1) a buy comes at the price of 100 with a volume of 1. Current bid=99, ask=100
We get new data: bid 99, volume 0, ask 100, volume 1
2) one more buy comes at the price of 101 with a volume of 1. Current bid = 100, ask = 101.
We get new data: bid 100, volume 0, ask 101, volume 1
3) a sell comes at the price of 100, volume 5
the previous data becomes: bid 100, volume 5, ask 101, volume 1
Also read the following related articles:
GETTING ACQUAINTED WITH ATAS. TRADING ADVANTAGES, ORDER MANAGEMENT
SPREAD TAPE: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT TRADING WITH THE HELP OF BID/ASK TAPE
Customer support service by UserEcho